Wednesday, 30 March 2011

WOYWW - Six Generations of Flutterby Women!


Phew! Finally finished the project for my Mum, for mothering Sunday this weekend.  I decided to make a mini album showing as many generations of us girls as I could find pic's for.  This is what I came up with -

The colours are a bit brighter than in the pics.  The BPs on the front and vintage photos are from a K & Co pack "Life's Journey" which I was given with some other kit.  The ribbon is an Anita "Everyday" one, and the rest of the bits are from my stash.


The first pic is my Great-great-grandmother, with her daughter, my Great Grandma, opposite.


Then comes my Grandmother, followed by my Mum (with Dad on his 21st birthday).


Then there's me on my (2nd) wedding day (15 yrs today!) with my two gorgeous girls,
Jenny and Kate, who are now beautiful women of 31 and 29.


The back cover opens out into three, with a lovely computer-generated quote from the Psalms,
which is very apt for mothering Sunday.

Last but not least, I made a card for my brother Mike's birthday on Friday (but he's no April Fool!)




As you can see, it's an easel card using a recycled pic that is just him
(or how he'd like to be, life and work permitting!!)
Sorry, I just couldn't get rid of the flash spot, despite 3 or 4 attempts from different angles.
The sentiment was computer-generated.
I can't wait to invest in more dies next pay day - I'm in danger of OD'ing on this one!!

Night night All! xx

11 comments:

  1. A really beautiful book which your Mum will adore, plus a lovely card for your Brother :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice book! what a great gift. Thanks for sharing. Vickie #83

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, perfect project for mum!!
    She will love it!
    Thanks for joining us at OSAAT!
    Marianne

    ReplyDelete
  4. That book is gorgeous! She will love it. Thank you for joining in with us at Quirky Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous creation, thanks for sharing this beauty with us at OSAAT. Hugs Marjo

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is just simply stunning! Love everything about this project. I'm sure she will adore this book, its gorgeous. Thanks for joining in at Crafty Sentiments and good luck.
    Hugs Jacqui xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is fabulous
    Thanks for joining us at OSAAT this week and hope to see you again soon
    Love Jan
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is a gorgeous project to make for your mum.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your card is just perfect for our For your Mum challenge at My Time To Craft! Thanks for joining us.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your book is a lovely and thoughtful gift to make for your mother - something to treasure I'm sure. And the card for your brother is fab - bet he was chuffed with it. Hope your week has been good. Elizabeth x #96

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sorry I'm late catching up on commenting, not enough hours in the day! Beautiful work thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Sentiments!

    Jo xxx

    ReplyDelete